~

9/09/2004

Emergency Room Drama !

Posted by Timo |

Last night I left work late ( 730-ish ) went home and put laundry away, etc.
by 8pm my stomach was killing me and by 830 i was throwing up again - violently.

Could It be food poisoning AGAIN? Same batch?

Hoping to ride it out I spent the evening and well into the morning vomiting, not as bad as monday night but still bad. Around 5 am it turned very bloody and i called the swedish-dial-a-nurse. She said it could be many things but blood with food poisoning didn't sound right and told me to get my butt to the emergency room.

SO, off I went. sat in the waiting room over an hour because apparently no one works there.
My doctor walked in around 6:45 and took me back. Had me force myself to throw up in a cup and that was neat. He also took a blood sample for some reason.

his immediate explanation was that i hadn't worked the food posioning out and something else I ate triggered another reaction (Damn las Margaritas ! )
But the bigger issue is that my stomach is extremely sensitive. I'm always ahving internala ches and pains. Steve calls it my "Daintly little stomach". I've already had an mini-ulcer and a kidney stone. Doc says it only gets worse. Possibly More Ulcers!

He gave me this giant horse pill that will help clean out my system - along with 7 million glasses of water. He also advised I eat nothing solid until after 7pm. so, let's say I'm starving.

Of course, I got the "eat more healthy you stupid shit" talk. he also reminded me that according to the governement, I am cliniclally "obese". That made my day.

He very much scolded me and asked why I hadn't taken his diet advice from a few months ago.
He reminded me that my life was in my own hands and that I could find any million excuses to stay unhealthy and die an early death.

I got home around 8:30 and was exhausted but couldn't sleep.

think think think

Doc told me to stay home and rest but couldn't get out of working at the mall, so went in to aefa around noon.

Mark's letter with the check he sent me hasn't arrived yet. If I don't have it by tomorrow I won't be able to get him a decent priced plane ticket to come and see Siouxsie. Not the end of the world, but disappointing for sure.

Oh, yeah. and I'm dying.

grocery shopping is on my agenda. there's no way to eat out and be healthy.


Subscribe