~

6/27/2007

Timi-tunes

Posted by Timo |

I Stole this from my friend Consuelo.

I made a playlist last night and it's very interesting because the song selection very much reflects where my brain is at the moment.

( Click the song titles for a link to youtube )

I Could fall In love With You - Erasure : This is classic looking for love erasure. I cant get enough of this song.

White Flag - Dido: "and I will go down with this ship!" This has been a staple for years as it applies itself to my life time and again. I prefer the huge scumfrog club mix, however.

Don't Go to Sleep Without Me - the Creatures: Siouxsie goes portishead in this depressingly gorgeous ode to dying love. It's breathtaking. "please don't go without me. Don't go and leave me here."

Say Goodnight And Go - Imogen Heap:
an infectious song of infatuation. "Why'd you have to be so cute? it' impossible to ignore you. plsu you make me laugh so much. it's bad enough we get along so well, say goodnight and go."

Martyr - Depeche Mode: Typical angsty "love is pain" lyrics from DM with gorgeous vocals from Dave. "I've been a martyr for love. And I will die in the flames. As I Draw my last breath, as I close in on death, I will call out your name." It's killer. I prefer the paul Van Dyk Vonyce club mix.

The Living Tree - Shirley Bassey: This more of an end of a love affair type song, but I love it. "let me dance, til my shoes cry". and this is brand newish Shirley, not 70's Shirley.

Summer Skin - Death Cab: translates to a brief love affair for me, but the summer vacation lyrics are gorgeous. "I don't recall a single care. Just greenery and humid air. then Labor day came and went and we shed what was left of out summer skin"

Voice Inside My head - Dixie Chicks: Questioning the choices we make. "Every time I'm feeling down, I wonder 'what would it be like with you around'."

I'd Rather Be Burned As A Witch - Eartha Kitt: The "fun" me wants this as my theme song and here it stands as ...hmmm? "let me tell you brother, I'd rather be burned as a witch than never burned at all!"

The Saddest Song I've Got - Annie Lennox: Gorgeous wrist slitter.

Temptation Waits - Garbage : A Tad pshcho-stalker-y but the music is cool and Shirley's voice is wonderful. "there's just too much at stake, I can't afford to wait. I've never needed anybody like this before"

Time Out From the world - Goldfrapp: Gorgeous. that is all.

pass This On - The Knife: this ends up on all my playlists. "I wasn't really looking for some more than some company on the dancefloor and...does he know what I do and you'll pass this on, won't you"

Let Down Your guard - Madonna: seldom heard b-side to "secret". Lyrics are obvious and slightly vulgar. couldn't find a suitable video without naked people in it.

Let Me Kiss You - Morrissey: this is such a me song with my neat little esteem problems. "so close your eyes and think of someone who you physically admire and let me kiss you"


Smile
- Olive: "trickle" is one of my all time fave albums and this song is stunning. "there's nothing left, hand me down your legacy, but more regret, painted on with empathy." this video is interesting, showing a girl shrinking away. it's sad but it fits.

I Made My Excuses And Left - Pet Shop Boys: If you've ever been cheated on, this song is for you. not that I have in more than a decade, but whatever. "I felt I should apologize, for what I hadn't heard. a silence fileld the room, awkward as an elephant."

Forever - Siouxsie & the Banshees: Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous from my fave singer of all time. "we couldn't stay together, I knew this wouldn't last forever. Forever just one more time than never. this is the last string to sever. I could stay ...forever. I would last..forever."

What Else Is There? - Royksopp: a recent discovery. featuring karin from the Knife. Amazing. "I don't know what more to ask for - I was given just one reason."

If I did this next week it will be completely different.

That is all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SQUISH!

Anonymous said...

an excellent set. I love how you balance the love songs with the hate songs. I've met the object of your affection and he's awesome (and for once completley worthy of your attention) - quit trying to sabotage it with Annie lennox songs!

Subscribe