~

5/02/2007

John Carpenter's "Ghosts Of Mars"

Posted by Timo |






1. poster
2. jason stratham
3. pam grier
4. marilyn manson?
















this movie came out in 2001 to very little fanfare. I love john carpenter( halloween, the fog, escape from new york )and looked forward to seeing it.

if you have any desire to see this film, stop reading because I don't want to ruin it fer ye.

fast forward to 2 months ago, i picked it up in a bargain bin at disc-go-round in roseville, MN.

i finally watched it tonight, and have come up with these comments:

Ice-T is awful and so is the blonde girl "heroine". Errr ... Make That Ice-Cube.

Jason Statham and Pam Grier ( the only 2 reasons to watch )are killed off. Luckily, pam's death ( beheading ) is off camera, but jason's comes very near the end and since he is basically the hero ( or so I thought ) his scene of being hacked to death by the marilyn manson zombie type creatures was rather disturbing. the 2 peoiple left at this pooint are retarded. there's no way anyone could like them and yet, there's still like 10 minutes of movie to suffer thru.

I was very thankful that I only spent like 4 bucks on this dvd, because if I had spent full price I probably would have chucked it out the window. OR tell my friends how great it was and make them suffer thru it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that would be ICE CUBE,,,lol

Jay

Gavin Elster said...

I'm sorry you spent so much on this DVD.

Subscribe