~



i was in my friend's bar a few months ago and this woman came up and said she was with the advocate and asked if I wanted to answer a question and possibly end up in the magazine.

when i was a junior in college at university of northern Iowa ( don't laugh! ), I had a friend who got me a job guarding this machine-ing warehouse. They made auto parts, etc, there and It was changing ownership, so after about a week, no one was there anymore - so there were 3 guard shifts. I usually worked until midnight and the place was creepy. I had to turn a key to turn lights on ( saving money ) and lights would turn on by themselves at the opposite end of the warehouse when i was doing rounds. Doors would lock or unlock themselves and machinery would move. Late one night I found a forklift outide. i opened the giant garage door and drove it back in and took the keys. shortly later I found it abck outside. i would have heard that giant door opening, but it was just suddenly outside and there were tracks like it had driven out there. there were vocies like there were people there, working and yelling at each other.

this warehouse was located near the airport, out in the country and a 5 minute drive to the next house. the office overlooked the only road in and I never saw anyone except the guys that came before and after me.

I was sure someone was just playing tricks on me but I never was able to prove. the other guys that would guard the place told me about similar incidents, although they never bothered to bring the forklift in.

Once, I came out during the day and walked around the property. A giant fence surrounded it deep in the woods, except for where the railroad tracks came thru. someone could easily walk the tracks but it was more than a mile to the next road. that same day, from outside the warehouse, I heard the people shouting again.

I always told myself that it was someone or someone's playing tricks, but in hindsight, I'm sure it was haunted.

I forgot to mention the fundamentalists. they are the ones that bought the place and palnend to turn it into a church or something . They would call every few hours to make sure everything was ok. they were very nice and worried that we might get hurt. they would come in the morning and leave snacks and soda for us.

shortly after they took ownership ( and I had moved On ), they auctioned off all the machinery and sold the place again.

1 comments:

Gavin Elster said...

Those christfull people knew it was haunted too.

What an odd job. Any other odd jobs or was that the strangest?

Subscribe