~

10/02/2005

HELLBENT

Posted by Timo |


















I saw HELLBENT a couple of weeks ago and have been mulling over my opinion on it.
It's billed as "the First gay Horror Flick" and for the most part I Loved it.

Anyone that knows me knows that I love horror movies, so a gay horror movie is right up my alley. For a gay movie, this one had no "gay apology" - which I found very refreshing. There was no homophobia or gay bashing to deal with, although the killer himself may be the ultimate homophobic gay basher? That would be my one gripe - you never get any reasoning or motive for the killings - ok, the four main characters moon the killer in the woods - but since when is mooning someone reason enough to get murdered?

the main characters are a group of four friends and you get some decent character build up and that made it kind of sad for me to see them getting stalked and offed in some pretty gruesome scenes.

Great line from Toby ( the drag queen ) after he barfs in a garbage can: "I'm Ok - I didn't need the calories anyway".

It's in limited release now and will probably be on dvd shortly. I'll be buying it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks really fun and campy...tried to check out the website but it wouldnt load.

Timo said...

it wasn't very campy at all, actually. A good time, for sure.

Subscribe