~

6/30/2005

I forgot to mention

Posted by Timo |


SO, I kinda forgot to mention one interesting bit from pride.

I did mention the guy with the perfect pecs that was talking to me about the scissor sisters. I saw him at the park and he was handing these little pink flyers for his gym. the second time I walked by him again he gave me another one and he said "don't throw that one away" - so I stuffed it in my pocket.

Ran into him again at the Cuff just as I decided I had had enough and it was probably going to rain soon and tony was offering me a ride to my car which was parked in Guam. Anyway, I run into him and he says "hey, Scissor man - did you read my note"? I didn't so i dug through my pocket and found it and he had indeed scribbled on the back of the pink gym flyer. "call me scissor man - brett" & phone number. I was a little shocked, ok really shocked, but I gave him my number and promised to call him the next night.

I didn't get around to calling him until tuesday night. I don't know if it was the fact that i wasn't feeling well ( this a about an hour before barf-o-rama started ) but we basically sat on the phone for an hour and argued. about everything conceiveable.

he's 34, divorced, supports Bush because he thinks it's necessary to support the governement during a war because otherwise troop morale would suffer. hates move-on.org because they "poisoned the political landscape." hates the clintons. hates anyone that uses any kind of drug - prescription included. hates the gay "scene", wishes more guys were like his straight friends.
and of course, how I should join his gym so he could make me "a better man". I asked for a guarantee that i would end up looking like him. the only thing we had in common was some good taste in music : Scissor Sisters, Siouxsie, Goldfrapp, the Smiths , Old Rem. When I asked him what his favorite Siouxsie tracks were he listed a bunch of b-sides. HUGE bonus points there.

Of course, if you know me and the Uber opinionated bitch that i am - I argued right back at every turn - just to see how he would take it. On one hand, he's a jack-ass - but on the other, he's rather intelligent and funny. and did i mention HOT? after an hour I told him I had to go - I wasn't feeling well and his ranting had given me a headache. He told me to call him this weekend as he had enjoyed giving me a headache.

I don't know. I'll probably call him, something about him and our conversation was quite stimulating.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmhhhmmmm

Subscribe