~

5/18/2005

There Be Bumps In The Road

Posted by Timo |



Since I'm having my own little Health issues on this road of life with various interesting twists, turns, breakdowns and bumps in the road I fully realize how your health can de-rail your entire life.

Our trip to Sydney was mostly based and built around a once in a lifetime chance to see Kylie Minogue perform in her home town. She announced yesterday that she has early breast cancer and has cancelled her tour. Now, obviously we are totally bummed. But we're not going to cancel our trip as some people have suggested (Sillies!).

Clearly we wish her the best and a fast recovery. The tour is officially "postponed" so I doubt we can get our money back for the tickets. We actually have 4 tickets - and I tried to sell two of them on ebay last week ( what a nightmare setting up an auction is - wasted at least an hour setting that beast up )! But no one was bitting, I have a feeling that maybe rumours were swirling around about cancellations?

Maybe as the resceduled shows get closer we might find cheap fares - especially if we have a good time next week. We shall see what happens, you know?

I was actually really irritated for a few minutes before pulling my head out of my ass and seeing how selfish that was. It's not a huge crisis but it did sort of knock the wind out of sails.

I'm sure we will still have a great time. A vacation for me is LONG overdue.


That is all.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You are going to have the best vacation EVER, come on AUSTRAILIA...Im so envious!!

Subscribe