~

5/18/2005

Lost In Translation ?

Posted by Timo |

I haven't blogged in a while, been rather busy or too tired ot annoyed to bother.

Last Thursday was an odd day. I got home late and felt strange. Jittery and cranky.

I didn't want to be at home and I couldn't get ahold of anyone. It was the day before payday so i was pretty broke. I felt really LOST. I was having all sorts of weird thoughts.

So - the best thing to do when youy're broke? Go shopping! Why not - cqna't spend any money? So I went to easy street and tower. Just wandered around and looked thru the used stuff. Saw this really cute blonde guy at easy street. we were both loooking thru the bargain bin. it was cute. he laughed a couple times at the things i picked out and i scolded him "hey, it's all crap - why else would it be in this bin - but there are degrees of crap, obviously" and he replied "one man's crap is another's celine dion?". it was cute. I waved at him as i left.

And then i went to tower and was looking thru the used stuff and he came up next to me and asked "where's the 99 cents bin"? again, it was cute. every time he found something for 99 cents he held it up and asked if i needed it. he all the sudden got a phone call and he walked outside to take it. he came back in suddenly and said "I'm Blaine, I gotta run - was nice shopping with you". I told him my name and said I hoped we could do it again sometime. HeI winked and ran off.

It left me feeling all smooshy inside. And then all I heard was Steve's voice in my head saying "You let THAT get away"?

Dumb.

I drove home and went to bed because it was almost 11pm.

0 comments:

Subscribe