~

12/02/2004

WAKE UP CALL

Posted by Timo |

Still in Iowa, was at a local watering hole with some Sean, Mark & Bridgeette.

My dad was out of town but I got a panicked cell phone call from my mom around 12:30(am). she sounded scared and said her heart was racing and couldn't breathe.

I literally raced home ( it took 12 minutes ) and we went to the Emergency Room. She was pale, shaking and disoriented.

It soon passed and they hooked her up to machines and did tests for 3 and a half hours.I got to take her home and she seems fine now.

It was very scary. I had a hard time sleeping - I went to her room a few times to listen to make sure she was breathing.

I feel terrible that I live 1500 miles away.
This was a rather eye opening experience. It's easy to function while assuming that life is fine and everyone is healthy, but I now realize that both my parents are 65 and life gets complicated at that age.

anyway, thanks for reading. Heading back to Minneapolis in a few minutes and Flying back to Seattle and my real life Saturday afternoon.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Timo, Im sorry you had that scare, the same thing happened with my mother and it scares the hell out of you. Thanx for everything while you were here, it was a GREAT time and everyone loved you! Im sure your glad to be back home, tell everyone hello!

Subscribe