~

8/26/2004

Bedtime Story

Posted by Timo |

Friday August 20th, 2004 -

I've been complaining about not being able to sleep on my piece of crap Ikea mattress so Friday night I finally bought one. Sam's club. Queen - pillow top. Great deal. Had to rent a cargo van from Uhaul because who the HELL owns a truck in Seattle?
That's right, No one.

SO, Ultimate Mess and I haul ass down to Renton in this Gigantic van - I drop UM off @ Steve's and pick up Pat ( steve's Mom because she's got the Sam's club membership). Robert & Steve sit on the deck and cocktail while Pat and I do the Sam's club thing. So, we get to sammy's and the little employee people have to get out a fork lift to get the matterss down that I want. YAY for me - it's a hundred bucks cheaper than it was on the website.

SO, anyway - we buy it & slam it in the truck and fly back to steve's. UM and Steve convince me that it's early ( 7pm ) and that we should just hang out for a bit. They get tipsy and I drink sprite because driving that van is freaky.
at 8:30 we leave and head back to my apartment.

Low and behold, after 30 minutes of struggling with it - we fail to get the box spring into my apartment. it will not fit down the back stairs ( although my old one did with no problem ) and obviously it will not fit down the spiral stairs in the living room. it's now almost 10pm. Sam's club is closed and I have to have the uhaul van back by 7:30 am. the dilema being that I will have to return at least the box spring and go buy a split box spring / foundation. then, I had a thought. Steve had a similar situation many years ago and bought a split box spring and he now lives in a big house with no problem moving a box spring in and out.

I call Steve and he agrees to trade me.I drop UM off in the ghetto as he had to get pretty to go out. Drove back to Steve's and made the switch. Drove back to my place and easily installed the box springs.

Dropped off the truck and noticed that I had gone 72 miles - and that's 72 bucks! ( remember this amount)

went out briefly to the full biz with UM & Eddie and then went home to sleep on my new bed.
Oh, did I say "Sleep"? Not a Wink!


0 comments:

Subscribe