~

3/02/2007

Memories...of the phone booths on my block

Posted by Timo |



My parents bought a new house and are moving next weekend. I'm flying home next week to help them move. They bought the house like 40 years ago and I am going to miss it. It's teeny tiny, 3 bedrooms and 3 stories but it always seemed huge to me and is my favorite place on earth. also, it only has one bathroom and a shower in the basement!

I'm excited for them to move, though. the new house is much bigger and laid out flat on one story ( there's a huge basement but everything they need is on the main floor.) and there's room for all their cars and all my dad's toys like the boat and the camper.

Still, I'll be sad to not turn left on 13th and then left on jeffereson ave to the little blue house where I spent the first 18 years of my life and many hours since.

I'm actually just going home to make sure they don't throw any of my stuff away without my prior approval!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That house does hold alot of memories. I would feel the same way if my mom ever moved out of her house. The new house will be good for them though, I am happy for them!

Anonymous said...

My parents sold my childhood home when I was 25. I cried for a week, and reading your blog almost brought back some of those tears. There was always a great feeling about being home.

Subscribe