~

3/16/2007

MAN THING

Posted by Timo |








I had heard years ago that this lesser known marvel comic character was getting his own movie. it apparently went straight to cable and I recently found the dvd in the bargain bin.

I had zero expectations going in as I had heard terrible things about it and mostly saw marvel's "Man Thing" as a rip off of DC's "Swamp thing". And I LOVE the Swamp Thing Movie. You know anything with Adrianne Barbeau in it is excellent, right?


ANYWAY
the premise finds a new young Sherrif arriving in a small swamp town after a series of grizzley murders has made the old sherrif run out of town. A environment killing company is destroying the swamp. drilling for oil maybe? it's never made clear.

Of course, you don't actually see the Man Thing till much later when it is revealed that he is the Guardian of the swamp, seeking revenge on the humans who are destroying said swamp.

it sounds retarded and well, it is. but it's fun, the effects are decent and the gore is good. the sherrif is cute and the swamp thing..ERRR...I mean Man Thing is pretty Cool. there are some decent frights as well.

i give it a B

Definitely worth a rental.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had heard about this as well, glad you reviewed it. I will watch it sometime now.

Gavin Elster said...

I had no idea this was made. I'll bee looking for this tomorrow.

Subscribe