~

9/05/2006

ARMY OF LOVERS !

Posted by Timo |














Army Of Lovers are an insane swedish band that I discovered in college. I had read a review of their first album in a british magazine that mentioned them using "the Andy Griffith Show" Theme in one of their songs. I found their album in a bargain bin and I was hooked. How this ever got released in the US is a mystery. This is about as Euro pop house trash as you could get.

their videos are insane and they make no bones about being completley manufactured. "crucified" managed to get some airplay in the US ( like on "beavis and butthead" ) and they actually performed live on mtv. well, their version of live was lip syncing into toilet brushes.

I have a lot of great Cedar falls and Iowa city memories associated with this "band".

I discovered them in 1991 and they released their last single "hands up" in 2001. they also released a dvd of all their videos last year only in Sweden ( of course have it ! ) They are all kinda old now but I doubt we have heard the last of them. the mousey white guy, Alexander Bard, produces bands like Alcazar, Vaccum and Bodies Without Organs.

anyway, saturday night Tommy wondered what ever happened to them after I noted that a tranny at bacon strip kinda reminded me of Jean-Pierre ( the dark haired queen ).

Enjoy!



"CRUCIFIED" 1992


"ISRAELISM" 1993


"GIVE MY LIFE" 1996


"HANDS UP" 2001

3 comments:

Sara said...

Muchas Grassyass for the Crucify video! Brings me back. :)

Unknown said...

I love them still. I stil have the Isrealism cd somewhere. They freaked the hell outta me at first, lol!

Anonymous said...

After all those years it still sounds fresh. You also got to check BWO http://www.bwo.ru/
It's the new projecy of Alexander (the red haired / now bold) one.
More catchy tunes !

Subscribe