~

8/01/2006

Do You Ever Wonder

Posted by Timo |

if there is such a thing as a soul mate? or a single person that we are "meant" to be with? I was reading a friend's letter and she referred to him as such.

i hear people talking about these things and I wonder. Have I met my soul mate? Did they walk in and out of my life already? Is it someone I know now?
Do i even believe in such a thing?

Another odd question. Do you ever think of someone you slept with or dated or almost slept with or almost dated and wonder how your life could be different because of it?
It seems like almost everyone I know has a "one that got away" and do you wonder what your life would be like today if they hadn't got away?

what's mildly funny is that I met Kyle like a year and a half ago but at the Goldfrapp show started chatting more, but HYSTERICALLY, I thought he wasn't interested in me so I went home with someone else I was interested in ( nothing happened, BTW ) and I saw that guy the other night and he thought it was hilarious that I am now "seeing" Kyle. As in hilarious how things work themselves out.

just rambling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe in Soulmates, but I don't believe that you just have 1 or that it has to be someone youa re romantically invloved with. For example-I think Steve may be one of yours and my sister is definitely one of mine.

I think souls are people we have known in the apst and our sould are linked for all time and we keep finding those people as tiem goes on. Sometimes theya re friends, or relatives or lovers.

As far as the "one that got away"-I do it all the time-it's the "what if?" Game. In fact, I constantly dream about the Terrorist (as everyone seems to call him) and I wonder if I will ever be over that whole thing. I mean, why do I dream about him all the time??

Of course, I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. Things are always exactly how they should be.

Unknown said...

I think about this alot, but sometimes I think its bullshit.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Consuelo about the non-romantic thing, friends or relatives can definately be soul-mates. But I disagree about the part that everything happens for a reason. I think we can all make big mistakes when it comes to who we spend our time with. And we have no one to blame but ourselves....

Subscribe