~

7/19/2006

Superstition

Posted by Timo |



In loading up My Zen last night, I rediscovered this Album. SUPERSTITION is Siouxsie & the Banshees 1991 Euro-pap album. A lot of their fans hated it as it was a pretty big departure from their gothy-alt-rock sound. It was produced by Stephan Hague who had previously produced Pet Shop Boys, Erasure and New Order - Three of my favorite bands. ( SO you can see why I enjoyed it so Much ) SUPERSTITION yielded Siouxsie's only US top 40 hit, "Kiss Them For Me", which garned heavy rotation on MTV and stands as the album's finest moment.

With a handful of exceptions, SUPERSTITION is pretty dated pop. But it does have a few gems, some of Siouxsie's finest vocals and she certainly looked great with the toned down makeup and curly 'do.

Also, the summer of 1991 was a very memorable time for me, SO, This album along with Morrissey's "Kill Uncle" and REM's "Out of Time" ( which were all released very closely together that summer )will always have a special squishy little place in my heart. or something like that.

HERE ARE THE VIDEOS from "Superstition"
"Kiss Them For Me"


"Shadow Time"


"Fear ( Of The Unknown )" ( Extended version )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooo...siouxsie!

Timo said...

I'd say "kill uncle" is his 3rd best album after "viva hate" and "your arsenal". I am also one that believes his career ended with "vauxhall and I".

you don't like "driving your girlfriend home"? BAD FAN!

Subscribe