~

7/05/2005

Birthday & Reality Check

Posted by Timo |

Birthday was fun. Consuelo and her little bro, steve, Mike & percy, Eddie and Brian all came over. Girls upstairs had a party and after they calmed down with their water balloons and food fights, we all co-mingled. Thanks to COnsuelo for her enormous financial investment in the party. Very fun, much needed and appreciated.

On the flip-side, I've had a weird stomach ache the last few days. Sometimes faint and sometimes aggonizing. I don't recall if I posted about this, but due to the anti-thyroid medication I'm on - I have a white blood cell deficiency. Which means - if i get seriously sick, I don't have the white blood cells to fight it and will have to be taken off the thyroid medication so I can start producing WBC again, which would then bring on the ugly hyper thyroid symptoms froma few months ago. Follow?

Anyway, I woke up this morning at like 5 or so and was sure I was about to give birth. Decided to go to "the Lab" and have my blood taken as I was advised to do whenever I feel sick. While I was there of course I had to run into my doctor who proceded to rip me a new asshole about not seeing him on a monthly schedule ( Hello? it's $200 out of my own pocket everytime I see him because Endocrinology isn't covered by my Insurance) and how I need to take this White blood cell thing very seriously because I could end up DEAD. "Serious Life threatening Illness" and "Compromised Immune System" are some of the big doctor terms he used.

When he gets the results back he'll decide what to do. In the mean time, I'm down to one pill a day which will allow WBC production again but doesn't really stiffle the thyroid.

then I came home and took a nap and dreamt about another hospitol where the people were extra weird and one nurse was Prince. I'm so tired these days.

0 comments:

Subscribe