~

1/03/2008

YAY FOR LISTS : Albums O' 2007

Posted by Timo |


#5 - it won't be soon before long - Maroon 5 - a band I would NEVER EVER EVER listen to until one day steve bought this at starbucks and slipped it in the car cd player. I was shocked to say the least. I love his whiney voice and this is the only kind of guitar pop I can stand: Dancey! odd then that The best track is the rather slow "I won't go home without you"


#4 - the light at the end of the world - Erasure
I'm giving this #4 based soley on the lead single "I could fall in love with you" which is easily one of erasure's finest moments. I was not really a fan of the rest of the album, sadly. Mizz Burns will disagree loudly. it's no "nightbird", it's not even an "erasure". so there.


3. X -Kylie
While no where near the quality of the many leaked tracks (including a couple produced by the likes of Mylo and the Scissor sisters), "X" contains some excellent kylie tracks like "wow", "in my arms" and the single "2 hearts". also, the b-side "king or queen" is a favorite.


2. Trip the light Fantastic - Sophie Ellis Bextor
Madamoiselle E. B returns with 3 fantastic singles and a slew of killer remixes. "catch you", "me & my imagination" and "today the sun's on us" are stellar, but it's the non-single "if i can't dance" that has recieved the most play in my car. Clap Clap.


1. Mantaray - Siouxsie
I have gushed about the return of Siouxsie to no end already. It took a few listens to get used to the new voice, but it eventually grabbed me. highpoints are "if it doesn't kill you", "heaven and alchemy" and "here comes that day".

2 comments:

madhousesix said...

yay for #1

Anonymous said...

boy, there's a shocker! siouxsie at #1?? poor old thing. she kinda looks like dina martina on that album cover! Go Erasure!!!

Sincerely, MZ. Burns

Subscribe