~

5/27/2006

Happy Birthday SIOUXSIE SIOUX

Posted by Timo |









Siouxsie Sioux, Easily my all time favorite Singer/performer (since 1986) turns 49 today.
I'd like to write something profound about her and her music with the Banshees and Creatures, but ......Let me just say that it was music that got me through a lot of hard times over the years and hers was always on top of the list. I've seen her live 7 or 8 times (chicago, minneapolis, seattle) and my mom always asks "did she play THAT song?" (cities in dust) which I drove her crazy with during high school.

Happy Birthday, Siouxsie. Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, to the lovliest goddess on the face of the earth. Thank you for all the awesome music and the style influence. Thank you for forging a new direction in music and for doing it your way - no matter what.
Your humble servant - Amelia

Timo said...

Morrissey? YAWN.
Although I enjoy Morrissey, he is unfit to polish SIouxsie's shoes.

Subscribe