~

12/20/2005

KING KONG The White Man Done You Wrong

Posted by Timo |

Mark and I went to KING KONG tonight.
Was it good? VERY
Was it 3 Hours Long? Seriously.

the bug scene alone is worth seeing it for. Your skin will seriously detach itself from your body and try to crawl away.

On a somewhat related note, when i was a kid ( make that over 25 years ago ) I had a record called "Goofy Gold" - on this record was "King Kong Your Song" i think it was by Bobby "Boris" Picket of "Monster Mash" fame, but I could be wrong.

This song has randomly popped into my head hundreds of times over the years so I thought I would share what I remember of the lyrics. Keep in mind a late seventies semi-disco feel and you'll get the idea. LOVE IT!

:On an island with a mountain in the shape of a skull,
There lived natives in a village beneath a towering wall.
A giant bolted door stood over half a mile tall.
Behind it lived the mightiest creature of them all!

King Kong! King Kong!
The white man done you wrong!
And so we sing this song to you.
Mighty Kong Kiiiiiing Kongggggg!
Hunga Hunga Hunga Kong!
Get a load of mighty Kong!
Million Natives can't be wrong.
Hunga Hunga Hunga Kong!

and on and on.

i need to find an mp3.

that is all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Timo, I have YOUR Goofy Gold album.
Seriously!
Wanna trade me for a CD?
Love,
Michele

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

Anonymous said...

Now on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCqBvbYiSPY

ferris said...

Hey... did you ever find a copy of the full Goofy Gold (double) album, by chance? It's impossible to find, even in the blogosphere. I'm trying to score a digital copy, but no luck...

Anonymous said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCqBvbYiSPY

Subscribe