~

SO, Friday was a Bust.
Went to Manray at 7 to meet Tommy & pals before heading to Garbage at the Paramount.
Everyone got good and toasty before we walked down ( as not to spend huge $ at the paramount ). Sauntered on down the street to find Garbage had cancelled/postponed/whatever. Hopefully, they won't rescedule while I'm in australia - maybe someone would buy my ticket if that was the case?

Disappointed, we strolled back up the hill.
Ended up hanging with UM, eddie, Tracy, Gene & Brother James at CC's, the Puff and The Madison Pub. Nothing to report, really. It was a waste of time & energy.

Malled on Saturday and did laundry at Steve's Sunday. Pat made plastic turkey for dinner.

Sunday night my legs felt weird. tingly and creaky. I was sure I was going to wake up paralyzed so I ended up stressing so much i couldn't sleep.

Spent several hours this morning playing receptionist at the seattle office. Is it really worth my time to be away from my own work to be over there playing receptionist? My boss was little horrified when he called there and I answered the phone. whatever.

forgot my drugs so I had to run home during my lunch break. Robert has decided that TanQ is german and Kitty-bitzen was glad to see me.

I recently bought shakespear's sister "hormonally yours" on cassette for 99 cents. been reliving 1992 in my car.

Someday, when I grow up - I'll have a cd player in my car. and everyone else will have something new and cooler. Built in ipods or something like that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim, Well, hopefully if Garbage doesn't postpone here, I will let you know how the show is after Thursday night.

Anonymous said...

Yeeeaah!

Unknown said...

That totally blows about the show, timo. Scootus is going to Torn Anus this weekend, she does a cover of Like a Paryer, interesting....

Anonymous said...

Well, the Garbage concert was GREAT time… the opening band “The Dead 60’s” started at 8 and played for about 45 minutes, good groove and nice melody to get everything started, not too crowded YET… It was a sold out show… about 9:15 the show started and my only bad comment about the show was that it ended a bit too quickly. Shirley came out looking hot as ever, she had on a one piece black and white striped top and miniskirt, with those beautiful Shirley eyes and her hair all pulled back, immediately went into Queer, and it was a plethora of hits from there on out, The stage was surrounded with tv’s that kept throwing up one word throughout the shows like sex, sl*t, etc. and the whole background was a million lights that followed along with the tv’s, it was a very nice mix of lights and smoke, nothing major but enough to keep you entertained. I do believe the only 2 songs she did not do were #1 crush and The World Is Not Enough. The show went nonstop until 10:45 (yeah, only an hour and a half) but they truly give you your monies worth. She stopped maybe 2 times to thank everyone for their support over the years, and she had the whole place up in the air, jumping, dancing and excited. They did Bad Boyfriend right after Queer to give us a taste of something new and about every 5 songs, she pulled something from the new album, you can tell she really liked the new songs because she really got into them and tried to keep everyone’s interest and was having no problems, she did off of the new album: Bad Boyfriend, Why do you love me (which tore the place up), Bleed Like Me (which she dedicated to all Garbage fans) and her encore (one guy yelled #1 Crush… she stopped and pointed at the guy and said as only Shirley could “Listen Mother F*cker, I have been writing new stuff for 2 years, you are getting a new song… and went right in to Sex Is Not The Enemy (her next single) halfway through the encore she saw something in the crowd, she said “What the f*ck is going on?” and kept singing, then she looked again and she stopped EVERYTHING, made the band stop, and she looked into the crowd and said “What the f*ck is going on? Is someone hurt? If someone is hurt we need help? Oh you lost your glasses? Did you find them? Why is it out of 4 f*cking shows we have done, 2 of them someone has dropped their glasses and interrupted the show… shall we start over?” The whole crowd went berserk and she started from the top without missing a beat. All in al I would have to say it was a much needed break and an awesome show to boot. It is exactly how you would expect a Garbage show to be. If you ever have the chance, this was the show. Well, hope she reschedules for you guys and hope you are in town.

Subscribe