~

12/01/2007

WORLD AIDS DAY

Posted by Timo |

I don't have anything profound to say but wanted to share this Annie Lennox version of Cole Porter's "every time we say goodbye" and a little story.

It was 1992 and had bought the Tribute cd with the song on it the day before I saw my Friend Aaron in the hospital. I asked him if he had heard the song and he said he had heard it and found it fitting for his life at the time. We played a game of chess and he kicked my ass as he had for the last year and then We made a date to play pictionary the next day. I hugged him goodbye and went off to class.

He died peacefully in his sleep that night after a long battle with AIDS. He was the first person I Knew in a long sad list of Friends that I loved and miss dearly.

1 comments:

madhousesix said...

that is a beautiful, simple tribute. thank you for sharing...

Subscribe