~

12/29/2006

Album's O' The Year

Posted by Timo |














1.
Scissor Sisters Ta-Dah. Sophmore effort from the sisters sees a more polished 70's pop radio feel. it's mostly incredible. Live, this material is spellbinding. Stand outs: Kiss You Off, I Can't Decide, The Other Side, Making Ladies.

2. Pet Shop Boys Fundamental. Return to electronic form boast gorgeous arrangements and provoking lyrics. an excellent stage show for the Fundamental tour as well. Thanks for finally coming to Seattle, Boys. Stand Outs: Minimal, I Made My Excuses And Left, psychological, Fugitive, In Private, Integral.

3. Goldfrapp Supernature. 3rd offering for the luscious Goldfrapp. A more mainstream pop approach but utterly gorgeous. Also, probably the finest live show I have ever seen. Stand outs: Lovely 2 CU, Ride A White Horse, Time Out For the World, Beautiful.

4. The Knife Silent Shout. Quirky Bjork-esque electronic melodies from Swedish Brother and Sister duo. Stand Outs: Marble House, Silent Shout, The Captain, One Hit.

5. Pink I'm Not Dead. Pink has had a buttload of great singles and she's always had excellent remixes, but this is the first time I've really enjoyed an entire album, and unremixed at that. Punky pop rock with a fuck you attitude. Stand outs: U + yer hand, Who Knew, Stupid Girls, Cuz I Can, Dear Mr President.

Out Of No Where?
6. Olivia Newton-John Grace & Gratitude. I have always loved 'Liv and had heard about this cd. I randomly picked this up last week for my Mother. It immediately grabbed me. a little new-agey, but serene and calm. Very soothing. Stand Outs: We Are Pearls, Grace and Gratitude, I Will Life Up My Eyes, Let Go Let God, Power Of Now.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good choices, I have yet to hear the Olivia cd.

Subscribe